Staff Development Day is coming up and ‘The Vocabulary Project’ is going to be shared with our community of schools.
What am I learning from this project as we go along?
– The students are enjoying learning and using new words.
– They feel secure enough to ‘have a go’ and practise using their newly acquired vocabulary.
– They are becoming more confident about writing, having a second look, scribbling out and trying another word as they ‘craft’ their sentences.
– They do not feel as restricted to only use those words that they know how to spell.
How do I feel?
– If I have helped them to start to enjoy learning and playing with new words we are on the road to increasing their vocabulary. All is well in the world of words.